Hurriyat not interested in dialogue with Centre: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Sunday said the amalgam is not interested in entering a "meaningless" dialogue process with the Centre.
Geelani said this reacting to Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s statement yesterday that the separatists should initiate a dialogue process on their own as the Centre would not come with a begging bowl to Hurriyat for holding talks on Kashmir issue.
"Hurriyat is not interested in a meaningless dialogue process (with the Centre)," Geelani said in a statement.
Geelani said the National Conference leader was trying to be "more loyal than the king". "Farooq Abdullah is an employee of Government of India and it deos not behove him to speak his master`s language," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red