Hurriyat not interested in dialogue with Centre: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Sunday said the amalgam is not interested in entering a "meaningless" dialogue process with the Centre.
Geelani said this reacting to Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s statement yesterday that the separatists should initiate a dialogue process on their own as the Centre would not come with a begging bowl to Hurriyat for holding talks on Kashmir issue.
"Hurriyat is not interested in a meaningless dialogue process (with the Centre)," Geelani said in a statement.
Geelani said the National Conference leader was trying to be "more loyal than the king". "Farooq Abdullah is an employee of Government of India and it deos not behove him to speak his master`s language," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents