Hurriyat rejects Omar`s offer
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference on Sunday rejected Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s offer of a helicopter ride to ascertain the status of repairs on the track to the Amanrnath shrine, saying the move was an attempt to divert attention from the issue.
A team sent by the Hurriyat to survey the area had brought concrete evidence of building material that had been dumped in the area, an amalgam spokesman said in a statement here.
"What our team has seen on the ground can be seen while flying a helicopter," he said adding the helicopter ride offer by the Chief Minister was an attempt to divert attention from the issue.
The spokesman, while rejecting the Chief Minister’s offer, said the government should only lift the restrictions on Geelani’s movement.
"He (Geelani) will make his own arrangements to visit the area," the spokesman added.
Yesterday, the Chief Minister had said "we have two choppers, let him (Geelani) choose a day and go wherever he wants around the Amarnath shrine.
Then let him prove that a single meter of road length has been macadamized or any step has been taken that is harmful to environment."
On Thursday, Geelani had threatened to launch an agitation after Eid-ul Zuha against the alleged government plans to construct permanent facilities around the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800