Hurriyat sad with govt`s response to Khar meeting
Srinagar: Both factions of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday said they were "sad and surprised" by the
government`s reaction to their meeting with Pakistan Foreign
Minister in Delhi.
"It is sad and surprising that the government and
specifically Foreign Ministry has objected to Hurriyat`s
meeting with Pakistan`s Foreign Minister," Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
said addressing a Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid here.
Stating that the meeting was part of efforts to resolve
the Kashmir issue, he said, "This is an issue of Kashmiri
people, and not of India and Pakistan."
The Mirwaiz as well as Hardline Hurriyat faction headed
by Syed Ali Shah Geelani also criticized the statement made by
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and National Conference president
Farooq Abdullah about the separatists meeting Khar.
A spokesman of the Geelani faction said the mainstream
politicians, who consider the accession of Jammu and Kashmir
as final with India, are represented by New Delhi in the
Omar had said that the separatists were not the only
leaders in Jammu and Kashmir as the mainstream political
parties have proved their representative character from time
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video