Hurriyat slams Omar`s statement on Article 370
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Thursday questioned the credibility of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s statement on Article 370 saying the slogan has become "an election stunt" of the ruling party.
"Everybody is aware that Article 370 is restricted to books only and there is no sign of it on the ground," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
Article 370 of the Constitution grants special autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Speaking after the flagging-off ceremony of Banihal-Qazigund rail link at Banihal on Wednesday, Omar had warned BJP that any dilution to constitutional guarantee under Article 370 would be possible "only over our dead bodies because we would not allow you to weaken this relationship."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma