Hurriyat slams registration of case against Geelan
Srinagar: The hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference today slammed the registration of an attempt to murder case against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
"Registering an attempt to murder case and putting Geelani under house arrest is a cowardly act," spokesman of the Hurriyat Ayaz Akbar said in a statement.
Police have registered a case under sections 307 RPC (attempt to murder) and 336 RPC (involvement in stone-pelting) against Geelani after stone-pelting took place in Baramulla town on April 6 soon after he addressed a gathering of around 500 persons.
Akbal alleged Geelani is being confined to his residence without any legal justification. "This is evidence enough that the government cannot face the challenge (of Geelani) on the political level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- India has ability to target whole of Pakistan: Experts on AQ Khan's nuclear attack threat
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Kiran Bedi takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study