Hurriyat slams registration of case against Geelan
Srinagar: The hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference today slammed the registration of an attempt to murder case against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
"Registering an attempt to murder case and putting Geelani under house arrest is a cowardly act," spokesman of the Hurriyat Ayaz Akbar said in a statement.
Police have registered a case under sections 307 RPC (attempt to murder) and 336 RPC (involvement in stone-pelting) against Geelani after stone-pelting took place in Baramulla town on April 6 soon after he addressed a gathering of around 500 persons.
Akbal alleged Geelani is being confined to his residence without any legal justification. "This is evidence enough that the government cannot face the challenge (of Geelani) on the political level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!