Hurriyat team stopped from visiting Gool
Jammu: Police on Thursday did not allow a team of Hurriyat Conference to visit Gool belt of Ramban district, where four people were killed and 42 others injured in a firing when a mob attacked a BSF camp on July 18.
Apprehending law and order problem, police stopped the four-member team of Hurriyat Conference at Ramban while they were moving to Gool belt of the district and sent them back to the Valley, police said.
Their visit could create law and order problem in the Gool belt, which has become normal and peaceful now, they said.
The team included Hurriyat leaders Hakeem Abdul, Nasaduk Ahmed, Abdul Majeed and Farooq Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened