Hurriyat team stopped from visiting Gool
Jammu: Police on Thursday did not allow a team of Hurriyat Conference to visit Gool belt of Ramban district, where four people were killed and 42 others injured in a firing when a mob attacked a BSF camp on July 18.
Apprehending law and order problem, police stopped the four-member team of Hurriyat Conference at Ramban while they were moving to Gool belt of the district and sent them back to the Valley, police said.
Their visit could create law and order problem in the Gool belt, which has become normal and peaceful now, they said.
The team included Hurriyat leaders Hakeem Abdul, Nasaduk Ahmed, Abdul Majeed and Farooq Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters