Hurriyat team stopped from visiting Gool
Jammu: Police on Thursday did not allow a team of Hurriyat Conference to visit Gool belt of Ramban district, where four people were killed and 42 others injured in a firing when a mob attacked a BSF camp on July 18.
Apprehending law and order problem, police stopped the four-member team of Hurriyat Conference at Ramban while they were moving to Gool belt of the district and sent them back to the Valley, police said.
Their visit could create law and order problem in the Gool belt, which has become normal and peaceful now, they said.
The team included Hurriyat leaders Hakeem Abdul, Nasaduk Ahmed, Abdul Majeed and Farooq Ahmed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav