Hurriyat team stopped from visiting Gool
Jammu: Police on Thursday did not allow a team of Hurriyat Conference to visit Gool belt of Ramban district, where four people were killed and 42 others injured in a firing when a mob attacked a BSF camp on July 18.
Apprehending law and order problem, police stopped the four-member team of Hurriyat Conference at Ramban while they were moving to Gool belt of the district and sent them back to the Valley, police said.
Their visit could create law and order problem in the Gool belt, which has become normal and peaceful now, they said.
The team included Hurriyat leaders Hakeem Abdul, Nasaduk Ahmed, Abdul Majeed and Farooq Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use