Hurriyat website to check conversion in J&K
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq today launched a website as part
of efforts by several religious bodies to check alleged
conversion of Kashmiri youths to Christianity.
The website, www.tahafuzeiman.org, was launched by the
Mirwaiz in his capacity as the president of Muttaheda Majlis
Ulema (United Council of Scholars).
Addressing the gathering of Islamic scholars and
preachers, the Mirwaiz stressed the need to use technology and
modern equipment for "countering conversion attempts".
Last month, a pastor was arrested on charges of
converting seven Kashmiri youths to Christianity after its
video clip went viral on social networking sites.
Following an outcry, Muslim leaders got together under
the banner of MMU and launched a campaign against conversions
Mirwaiz also said that while the Islamic system of Baitul
Maal (community fund) needed to be strengthened, serious
efforts have to be made for introduction of Islamic banking in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India