Hurriyat’s Geelani to `address the nation` today
New Delhi: In a first, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has decided to "address the nation".
Geelani said he would be speaking to the nation through Internet on Saturday evening.
The development has put the government in a spot of bother.
"On the current situation, Geelani Sahib will make a special address to people and the nation," a Hurriyat spokesperson said, as reported by a leading English daily. "Since the leader of revolution is under house arrest for several months and doesn`t have access to people, he will reach out to them through Internet."
Geelani will speak over the Internet at 8.30 pm today, also celebrated as Pakistan Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days