Hurriyat’s Geelani to `address the nation` today
New Delhi: In a first, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has decided to "address the nation".
Geelani said he would be speaking to the nation through Internet on Saturday evening.
The development has put the government in a spot of bother.
"On the current situation, Geelani Sahib will make a special address to people and the nation," a Hurriyat spokesperson said, as reported by a leading English daily. "Since the leader of revolution is under house arrest for several months and doesn`t have access to people, he will reach out to them through Internet."
Geelani will speak over the Internet at 8.30 pm today, also celebrated as Pakistan Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra