Hurriyat’s Geelani to `address the nation` today
New Delhi: In a first, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has decided to "address the nation".
Geelani said he would be speaking to the nation through Internet on Saturday evening.
The development has put the government in a spot of bother.
"On the current situation, Geelani Sahib will make a special address to people and the nation," a Hurriyat spokesperson said, as reported by a leading English daily. "Since the leader of revolution is under house arrest for several months and doesn`t have access to people, he will reach out to them through Internet."
Geelani will speak over the Internet at 8.30 pm today, also celebrated as Pakistan Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter