Hurriyat’s Geelani to `address the nation` today
New Delhi: In a first, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has decided to "address the nation".
Geelani said he would be speaking to the nation through Internet on Saturday evening.
The development has put the government in a spot of bother.
"On the current situation, Geelani Sahib will make a special address to people and the nation," a Hurriyat spokesperson said, as reported by a leading English daily. "Since the leader of revolution is under house arrest for several months and doesn`t have access to people, he will reach out to them through Internet."
Geelani will speak over the Internet at 8.30 pm today, also celebrated as Pakistan Day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!