I am not a terrorist, I am a cricketer: Rasool
Bangalore: "I am not a terrorist, I am a
cricketer," was an apt one-liner from 21-year Kashmiri
cricketer Parvez Rasool who was lustily cheered at the
Chinnaswamy Stadium here for his gritty knock in his maiden
under-22 cricket match here.
"I played the game with only cricket in mind...possibly
that is the best way I can respond," an emotional Rasool said
about his yesterday`s match.
Rasool came under media spotlight for all the wrong
reasons after Karnataka police detained him alongwith another
cricketer Mehrajuddin on Diwali day after his kit bag
allegedly showed traces of explosives.
He was released by the police after questioning for lack
"I couldn`t believe something like this could happen to
me. I even thought of quitting as a cricketer. I couldn`t
sleep the whole night after the incident," recounted Rasool.
Rasool, who raced to his half century in 49 balls in
the C K Nayadu game here, said, "I thought only of cricket"
and want to forget the traumatic experience.
He had entered the cricket ground when two wickets were
down for a paltry run count and went on to make 68. "I am
elated to be back on the field playing cricket. I was in a
poor frame of mind but when I started playing, I forgot
everything. I don`t have ill-feelings against anyone. I thank
God and my family," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days