IAF airlifts 425 stranded passengers between Leh, Jammu
Jammu: IAF on Friday pressed a special aircraft to airlift 425 stranded passengers between Leh and Jammu.
"An IL-76 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force was pressed into service to ferry the stranded passengers mostly hailing from Leh and Kargil districts of J&K.
"A total of 425 passengers including women and children were airlifted both ways," a defence spokesman said.
The Air Officer Commanding of Jammu`s Air Force Station, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Operations Officer were present and personally supervised the smooth conduct of the operation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?