IAF airlifts 425 stranded passengers between Leh, Jammu
Jammu: IAF on Friday pressed a special aircraft to airlift 425 stranded passengers between Leh and Jammu.
"An IL-76 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force was pressed into service to ferry the stranded passengers mostly hailing from Leh and Kargil districts of J&K.
"A total of 425 passengers including women and children were airlifted both ways," a defence spokesman said.
The Air Officer Commanding of Jammu`s Air Force Station, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Operations Officer were present and personally supervised the smooth conduct of the operation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list