IAF airlifts 75 stranded passengers between Kargil
Jammu: A day after it airlifted 203 stranded passengers from Leh town, Indian Air Force on Wednesday came to the rescue of 75 more stranded people, including women and children, from Kargil town of Ladakh region.
"IAF airlifted 75 more stranded people including women and children between Kargil and Jammu this morning", Public Relation Officer, Ministry of Defence (MoD), S N Acharya told a news agency.
AN-32 plane was pressed into service to ferry 46 stranded passengers from Jammu to Kargil and 29 were airlifted from Kargil and brought to Jammu, Acharya said.
However, due to bad weather conditions other stranded passengers from Jammu to Leh could not be ferried, he said, adding that further air sorties would be conducted as per the weather conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP