IAF airlifts 75 stranded passengers between Kargil
Jammu: A day after it airlifted 203 stranded passengers from Leh town, Indian Air Force on Wednesday came to the rescue of 75 more stranded people, including women and children, from Kargil town of Ladakh region.
"IAF airlifted 75 more stranded people including women and children between Kargil and Jammu this morning", Public Relation Officer, Ministry of Defence (MoD), S N Acharya told a news agency.
AN-32 plane was pressed into service to ferry 46 stranded passengers from Jammu to Kargil and 29 were airlifted from Kargil and brought to Jammu, Acharya said.
However, due to bad weather conditions other stranded passengers from Jammu to Leh could not be ferried, he said, adding that further air sorties would be conducted as per the weather conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends