IAF chopper airlifts girl injured in J&K quake
Jammu: An Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper today airlifted a six-year old girl injured in today`s earthquake from Kishtwar to Jammu after she suffered critical head injuries.
An IAF Cheetah helicopter airlifted the girl, Muskaan, to provide her better treatment here, IAF officials said.
The girl is accompanies by an attendant and was admitted to a hospital in the city for further treatment.
Two persons were killed and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook parts of North India today.
Jammu and Kashmir government has issued necessary instructions to concerned district administrations to assess the loss caused to various structures for providing necessary relief at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days