IAF chopper airlifts injured woman in J&K
Srinagar: Battling inclement weather, an IAF helicopter on Thursday airlifted an injured woman from Gurez in north Kashmir to the capital here.
"Khadima Begum, who had got injured at Gurez in an accident was airlifted in an IAF chopper from Dawar in Gurez to Srinagar," Coordinator, Disaster Management, Kashmir, Aamir Ali said.
Gurez in Bandipora district falls close to Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley and remains inaccessible most of the winter as the road link to the region is closed due to snowfall.
The pilot of the Indian Air Force (IAF) helicopter flew to Gurez in unfavourable weather conditions and airlifted the injured lady to Srinagar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie