IAF chopper airlifts injured woman in J&K
Srinagar: Battling inclement weather, an IAF helicopter on Thursday airlifted an injured woman from Gurez in north Kashmir to the capital here.
"Khadima Begum, who had got injured at Gurez in an accident was airlifted in an IAF chopper from Dawar in Gurez to Srinagar," Coordinator, Disaster Management, Kashmir, Aamir Ali said.
Gurez in Bandipora district falls close to Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley and remains inaccessible most of the winter as the road link to the region is closed due to snowfall.
The pilot of the Indian Air Force (IAF) helicopter flew to Gurez in unfavourable weather conditions and airlifted the injured lady to Srinagar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown