IAF chopper makes emergency landing in Udhampur
Jammu: An Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper made an emergency landing today in a mountainous area of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir.
The chopper, which was on a routine flight, made an emergency landing this afternoon in the Panchari mountainous belt, SSP (Udhampur) Shakeel Baigh said.
"The IAF informed us about the incident and we have sent police for security. There was no senior officer in the chopper at the time of the incident," Baigh said.
"All are safe," he said, adding, "The reason behind the emergency landing is not known."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional