IAF chopper rescues 203 people from remote areas of Kishtwar
New Delhi: An IAF helicopter unit on Wednesday rescued more than 200 people trapped in remote areas of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir for the last two days.
"130 Helicopter Unit at Jammu undertook an operation of rescuing stranded people from the inaccessible villages of Kishtwar. Flying in piercing snow waves and extreme cold conditions, IAF`s MI-17 helicopter in assistance with local administration airlifted 203 stranded people in 10 sorties from remote parts of Kishtwar region," an IAF release said.
The operation was carried out by Wing Commander Suresh Tiwari, Co-pilot Wing Commander Anup Sharma and Squadron Leader Shiv.
The aircraft took off at 0730 hrs and carried out the operations in freezing temperature of minus 10 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test