IAF chopper rescues 203 people from remote areas of Kishtwar
New Delhi: An IAF helicopter unit on Wednesday rescued more than 200 people trapped in remote areas of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir for the last two days.
"130 Helicopter Unit at Jammu undertook an operation of rescuing stranded people from the inaccessible villages of Kishtwar. Flying in piercing snow waves and extreme cold conditions, IAF`s MI-17 helicopter in assistance with local administration airlifted 203 stranded people in 10 sorties from remote parts of Kishtwar region," an IAF release said.
The operation was carried out by Wing Commander Suresh Tiwari, Co-pilot Wing Commander Anup Sharma and Squadron Leader Shiv.
The aircraft took off at 0730 hrs and carried out the operations in freezing temperature of minus 10 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you