IAF chopper rescues 203 people from remote areas of Kishtwar
New Delhi: An IAF helicopter unit on Wednesday rescued more than 200 people trapped in remote areas of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir for the last two days.
"130 Helicopter Unit at Jammu undertook an operation of rescuing stranded people from the inaccessible villages of Kishtwar. Flying in piercing snow waves and extreme cold conditions, IAF`s MI-17 helicopter in assistance with local administration airlifted 203 stranded people in 10 sorties from remote parts of Kishtwar region," an IAF release said.
The operation was carried out by Wing Commander Suresh Tiwari, Co-pilot Wing Commander Anup Sharma and Squadron Leader Shiv.
The aircraft took off at 0730 hrs and carried out the operations in freezing temperature of minus 10 degree Celsius.
- JNUSU President Kanhaiya Kumar shown black flags in Patna
- India's Kalvari stealth submarine starts sea trials
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released