IAF chopper rescues 203 people from remote areas of Kishtwar
New Delhi: An IAF helicopter unit on Wednesday rescued more than 200 people trapped in remote areas of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir for the last two days.
"130 Helicopter Unit at Jammu undertook an operation of rescuing stranded people from the inaccessible villages of Kishtwar. Flying in piercing snow waves and extreme cold conditions, IAF`s MI-17 helicopter in assistance with local administration airlifted 203 stranded people in 10 sorties from remote parts of Kishtwar region," an IAF release said.
The operation was carried out by Wing Commander Suresh Tiwari, Co-pilot Wing Commander Anup Sharma and Squadron Leader Shiv.
The aircraft took off at 0730 hrs and carried out the operations in freezing temperature of minus 10 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves