IAF conducts 28 sorties to Leh from Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The IAF has conducted 28 special
sorties of its biggest transport aircraft, IL-76 and AN-32,
carrying relief materials and rescue equipment to Leh from its
air force station here since the deadly cloudburst last week.
"So far approximately 70 tons of relief and rescue
equipment were transported. It includes BSNL stores, folding
bridges, bulldozers, JCB besides ration, medical supplies,
blankets, tents and mattresses," an IAF release said here.
The AN-32 also undertook sorties from Leh to Udhampur and
Srinagar to transport 14 bodies extricated from the rubble
caused by landslides triggered by heavy rains on the
intervening night of August 5 and 6.
Sorties were also undertaken from Sirsa air force station
carrying relief materials, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England