IAF to convert Kargil Airport into air base
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Monday said the IAF is planning to convert Kargil airport into
a full-fledged air force base in the state.
"Indian Air Force is planning to convert Kargil airport
into a full-fledged air force base in Jammu and Kashmir,"
state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather told the legislative
Assembly in reply to a query of PDP member Peerzada Mansoor
Rather, who presented the budget in the Assembly today,
said, "Kargil airport is to be extended by 1,500 feet. The
work is being assigned to the Defence Ministry."
The development work of the Kargil Air Force base will
commence once the land issuance is settled, he said, adding
that a high-level team from the central government is expected
to visit Kargil shortly to draw a road map for resolution of
all connected issues.
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies