IAF to convert Kargil Airport into air base
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Monday said the IAF is planning to convert Kargil airport into
a full-fledged air force base in the state.
"Indian Air Force is planning to convert Kargil airport
into a full-fledged air force base in Jammu and Kashmir,"
state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather told the legislative
Assembly in reply to a query of PDP member Peerzada Mansoor
Rather, who presented the budget in the Assembly today,
said, "Kargil airport is to be extended by 1,500 feet. The
work is being assigned to the Defence Ministry."
The development work of the Kargil Air Force base will
commence once the land issuance is settled, he said, adding
that a high-level team from the central government is expected
to visit Kargil shortly to draw a road map for resolution of
all connected issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday