IAF to convert Kargil Airport into air base
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Monday said the IAF is planning to convert Kargil airport into
a full-fledged air force base in the state.
"Indian Air Force is planning to convert Kargil airport
into a full-fledged air force base in Jammu and Kashmir,"
state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather told the legislative
Assembly in reply to a query of PDP member Peerzada Mansoor
Rather, who presented the budget in the Assembly today,
said, "Kargil airport is to be extended by 1,500 feet. The
work is being assigned to the Defence Ministry."
The development work of the Kargil Air Force base will
commence once the land issuance is settled, he said, adding
that a high-level team from the central government is expected
to visit Kargil shortly to draw a road map for resolution of
all connected issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes