IAF to rescue people stranded in Jammu region
Jammu: As the weather cleared in mountainous regions of Jammu Wednesday, the Indian Air Force (IAF) began preparations to evacuate some 300 snow-trapped people in Kishtwar district, an official said.
According to a defence spokesman, villages like Sondar, Dachan, Marwah, Navapachi and Warwan have been cut off due to the recent heavy snowfall.
"These villages do not have road connectivity," the spokesman added.
He said the operation is being carried out by 130 Helicopter Unit of the IAF under the leadership of Wing Commander Anurag Kumar.
The Army and Air Force have been daily carrying out relief and rescue operations across Jammu and Kashmir which has been hit by heavy snowfall, rains and avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi