IAS officer booked for illegal transfer of land in J&K
Jammu: A senior IAS officer has been booked for his alleged involvement in illegal registration and transfer of a prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, to a Delhi-based company for the construction of a hotel.
A case been registered against IAS officer and Deputy Commissioner Udahampur Pandurang K Pole in connection with registration of land in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of a hotel, a senior police officer said.
He said that preliminary investigation is going on after State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) directed police to register a case in this regard.
Pole during his tenure as DC Reasi was instrumental in registration and transfer of nearly 26 acres of prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of hotel and resort.
The others named in the first information report (FIR) include Naib Tehsildar Reasi, Sher Singh Thapa.
The action was taken by SVO on the complaint of Anudhan Singh of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail