IAS officer booked for illegal transfer of land in J&K
Jammu: A senior IAS officer has been booked for his alleged involvement in illegal registration and transfer of a prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, to a Delhi-based company for the construction of a hotel.
A case been registered against IAS officer and Deputy Commissioner Udahampur Pandurang K Pole in connection with registration of land in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of a hotel, a senior police officer said.
He said that preliminary investigation is going on after State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) directed police to register a case in this regard.
Pole during his tenure as DC Reasi was instrumental in registration and transfer of nearly 26 acres of prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of hotel and resort.
The others named in the first information report (FIR) include Naib Tehsildar Reasi, Sher Singh Thapa.
The action was taken by SVO on the complaint of Anudhan Singh of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!