IAS officer booked for illegal transfer of land in J&K
Jammu: A senior IAS officer has been booked for his alleged involvement in illegal registration and transfer of a prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, to a Delhi-based company for the construction of a hotel.
A case been registered against IAS officer and Deputy Commissioner Udahampur Pandurang K Pole in connection with registration of land in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of a hotel, a senior police officer said.
He said that preliminary investigation is going on after State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) directed police to register a case in this regard.
Pole during his tenure as DC Reasi was instrumental in registration and transfer of nearly 26 acres of prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of hotel and resort.
The others named in the first information report (FIR) include Naib Tehsildar Reasi, Sher Singh Thapa.
The action was taken by SVO on the complaint of Anudhan Singh of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials