IAS officer booked for illegal transfer of land in J&K
Jammu: A senior IAS officer has been booked for his alleged involvement in illegal registration and transfer of a prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, to a Delhi-based company for the construction of a hotel.
A case been registered against IAS officer and Deputy Commissioner Udahampur Pandurang K Pole in connection with registration of land in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of a hotel, a senior police officer said.
He said that preliminary investigation is going on after State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) directed police to register a case in this regard.
Pole during his tenure as DC Reasi was instrumental in registration and transfer of nearly 26 acres of prime land near Katra, base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine, in favour of a Delhi-based company for construction of hotel and resort.
The others named in the first information report (FIR) include Naib Tehsildar Reasi, Sher Singh Thapa.
The action was taken by SVO on the complaint of Anudhan Singh of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands