IAS topper`s wish fulfilled as he gets J&K posting
Srinagar: Shah Faesal, who grabbed
headlines after topping the IAS examination last year, had his
wish of serving people of his home state fulfilled as he has
been allotted Jammu and Kashmir cadre.
"Yeeeeeeees finallllllllly, I got Jammu and Kashmir
Cadre! Coming to Srinagar on 13th June, along with three other
friends of mine Rajeev, Prasanna and Neeraj," Faesal wrote on
his Facebook page.
Hailing from a remote village in Kupwara district of
north Kashmir, Faesal became an instant celebrity last year as
he topped the coveted IAS list.
The story of Faesal, whose father was killed by
militants, from being a militancy-affected victim to topping
the prestigious Civil Services was heart-warming and lapped up
by national and international media.
He also congratulated the newly selected candidates in
the UPSC Civil Services list released yesterday.
"Hearty congratulations to all the new entrants to
prestigious civil service, specially to S Divyadarshani, Sweta
Mohanti and R V Varun Kumar for securing the first three ranks
respectively. Saetha saetha mubarak (many many
congratulations) to Syed Abid and Gulzar Wani, my friends from
Kashmir, for making it big. You all are real role-models
for our youth," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter