Identify emissaries who called on you, Omar asks Geelani
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday told hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to identity the emissaries he claimed approached him on behalf of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Geelani had told media persons on Friday in summer capital Srinagar that two Kashmiri Pandits had called on him in Delhi, asking him to engage in a dialogue with Modi.
Geelani also claimed the two people had said they had approached him as Modi`s emissaries.
The BJP has said that no one from the party approached the hardline Kashmiri separatist leader.
Amid claims and counter claims, Abdullah tweeted: "So who is lying SAS Geelani or the NaMo campaign? Easy way to find out - let SASG identify the emissaries who met him on behalf of NaMo."
Geelani had also said some separatist leaders of Kashmir were already in touch with Modi`s emissaries.
The moderate Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq is expected to issue a statement here Saturday to clarify his stand on Geelani`s statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!