IED, arms & ammunition recovered in J&K
Jammu: Security forces Monday recovered a
cache of arms, ammunition and explosives, including a 5 kg Improvised Explosive Device (IED), after a hideout was busted
in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on a tip off, troops of 44 Rashtriya Rifles
and Mendhar police launched a cordon and search operation in
Bhati Dhar forests area in Poonch district and busted the
hideout, officials said.
Two Chinese pistols, two magazines, 180 AK rounds, 4
UBGL grenades and a 5-kg IED fitted in a pressure cooker were
recovered from the hideout, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price