IED, arms & ammunition recovered in J&K
Jammu: Security forces Monday recovered a
cache of arms, ammunition and explosives, including a 5 kg Improvised Explosive Device (IED), after a hideout was busted
in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on a tip off, troops of 44 Rashtriya Rifles
and Mendhar police launched a cordon and search operation in
Bhati Dhar forests area in Poonch district and busted the
hideout, officials said.
Two Chinese pistols, two magazines, 180 AK rounds, 4
UBGL grenades and a 5-kg IED fitted in a pressure cooker were
recovered from the hideout, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore