IED attack `purposely` directed against unarmed civilian: Army
Jammu: Army on Tuesday said that the IED attack triggered by suspected militants along the Line of Control in Poonch district was "purposely" directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters.
"The Army strongly condemns this cowardly attack from across the Line of Control, which has been purposely directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters," a spokesman of Ministry of Defence (MoD) said here tonight.
The Army will extend all possible assistance to the family of the deceased porter, he said, adding that the injured person will also be duly compensated.
Targeting Army`s civilian porters, ultras had detonated an IED yesterday while they were carrying supplies from an Army post to another in Sabzian-Mandi belt along the LoC.
A porter and a pony were killed in the blast, while another porter was wounded.
The wounded porter was shifted to hospital, while the dead one was lying there till his body was recovered today.
The owner of the pony will also be compensated, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?