IED attack `purposely` directed against unarmed civilian: Army
Jammu: Army on Tuesday said that the IED attack triggered by suspected militants along the Line of Control in Poonch district was "purposely" directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters.
"The Army strongly condemns this cowardly attack from across the Line of Control, which has been purposely directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters," a spokesman of Ministry of Defence (MoD) said here tonight.
The Army will extend all possible assistance to the family of the deceased porter, he said, adding that the injured person will also be duly compensated.
Targeting Army`s civilian porters, ultras had detonated an IED yesterday while they were carrying supplies from an Army post to another in Sabzian-Mandi belt along the LoC.
A porter and a pony were killed in the blast, while another porter was wounded.
The wounded porter was shifted to hospital, while the dead one was lying there till his body was recovered today.
The owner of the pony will also be compensated, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row