IED attack `purposely` directed against unarmed civilian: Army
Jammu: Army on Tuesday said that the IED attack triggered by suspected militants along the Line of Control in Poonch district was "purposely" directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters.
"The Army strongly condemns this cowardly attack from across the Line of Control, which has been purposely directed against innocent and unarmed civilian porters," a spokesman of Ministry of Defence (MoD) said here tonight.
The Army will extend all possible assistance to the family of the deceased porter, he said, adding that the injured person will also be duly compensated.
Targeting Army`s civilian porters, ultras had detonated an IED yesterday while they were carrying supplies from an Army post to another in Sabzian-Mandi belt along the LoC.
A porter and a pony were killed in the blast, while another porter was wounded.
The wounded porter was shifted to hospital, while the dead one was lying there till his body was recovered today.
The owner of the pony will also be compensated, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!