IED detected outside Army camp in Srinagar
Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday detected an IED planted by militants outside an Army camp in the heart of the city.
A patrol party of 151 Territorial Army noticed a bag lying by the roadside near an Army camp in Bemina area of the city, the police said.
The Army personnel found a pressure cooker inside the bag and immediately called for the bomb disposal squad, the police said.
The five-kg IED was destroyed by the bomb disposal squad, police said, adding no damage was caused in the controlled explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand