IED recovered near Rukhsana`s house in Rajouri, defused
Jammu: An Improvised Explosive Device was recovered by security forces near the house of Rukhsana, who shot into limelight for killing an LeT militant, in Rajouri district, less than a fortnight after militants
attacked her residence.
Acting on a tip off, security forces and bomb disposal squad rushed to upper Shadra-Sharief village in Thanamandi tehsil of Rajouri district last night and recovered the explosive device near Rukhsana`s house, police officials said.
It was later defused.
On October 29, militants had hurled two grenades and open fired at Rukhsana`s house in Shadra-Sharief belt in the district.
Neither Rukhsana nor any member of her family was present at the house at the time of twin strikes.
Rukhsana, along with her 18-year-old brother Aijaz on September 27 had overpowered LeT terrorists who had barged into their house, snatched an AK-47 from one of them and fired at him, killing him on the spot. Her uncle Wakalat Hussain was also injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron