IED recovered near Rukhsana`s house in Rajouri, defused
Jammu: An Improvised Explosive Device was recovered by security forces near the house of Rukhsana, who shot into limelight for killing an LeT militant, in Rajouri district, less than a fortnight after militants
attacked her residence.
Acting on a tip off, security forces and bomb disposal squad rushed to upper Shadra-Sharief village in Thanamandi tehsil of Rajouri district last night and recovered the explosive device near Rukhsana`s house, police officials said.
It was later defused.
On October 29, militants had hurled two grenades and open fired at Rukhsana`s house in Shadra-Sharief belt in the district.
Neither Rukhsana nor any member of her family was present at the house at the time of twin strikes.
Rukhsana, along with her 18-year-old brother Aijaz on September 27 had overpowered LeT terrorists who had barged into their house, snatched an AK-47 from one of them and fired at him, killing him on the spot. Her uncle Wakalat Hussain was also injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway