IED recovered near Rukhsana`s house in Rajouri, defused
Jammu: An Improvised Explosive Device was recovered by security forces near the house of Rukhsana, who shot into limelight for killing an LeT militant, in Rajouri district, less than a fortnight after militants
attacked her residence.
Acting on a tip off, security forces and bomb disposal squad rushed to upper Shadra-Sharief village in Thanamandi tehsil of Rajouri district last night and recovered the explosive device near Rukhsana`s house, police officials said.
It was later defused.
On October 29, militants had hurled two grenades and open fired at Rukhsana`s house in Shadra-Sharief belt in the district.
Neither Rukhsana nor any member of her family was present at the house at the time of twin strikes.
Rukhsana, along with her 18-year-old brother Aijaz on September 27 had overpowered LeT terrorists who had barged into their house, snatched an AK-47 from one of them and fired at him, killing him on the spot. Her uncle Wakalat Hussain was also injured in the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India