Implement interlocutors’ recommendations: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Monday expressed hope that Centre will implement
the recommendations made by its team of interlocutors for
addressing the political issues of the Kashmir problem.
"We expect the Centre not to ignore the report to be
submitted by the interlocutors as has been done with several
reports (on Kashmir) in the past," Omar said in his
Independence Day speech at Bakshi Stadium here.
Omar said he was hopeful that the team of interlocutors
headed by veteran journalist Dileep Padgaonkar -- with
academician Radha Kumar and former information commissioner M
M Ansari as members -- will submit their report soon.
"We hope that they will submit the report soon so that
the issues of the state will be resolved in true sense," he
The Chief Minister said the dialogue was the only way to
resolve disputes and issues.
"I have said it many times that gun is solution to no
issue. If anytime we have come closer to resolution, it was
when the dialogue process was expedited," he said.
Omar said while New Delhi and Islamabad have resumed
dialogue process, the issues between Centre and state were
also being addressed simultaneously.
Underlining that peace and tranquillity were imperative
for development, the Chief Minister said he had asked for a
peaceful summer from the people to show results both on
development and political fronts.
"You have contributed in this direction positively during
this summer, and this government conducted successful
panchayat elections in the state to empower you," he said.
Omar said the peace dividends this year had trickled
down to the poor sections of the society as 5.5 lakh tourists
"The government does not earn anything from tourist
arrivals as we do not tax hotels or transporters. It is people
associated with tourism trade who have benefited," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read