Implement J&K report in totality: Radha Kumar
Srinagar: Centre`s interlocutor on Jammu
and Kashmir Radha Kumar on Tuesday said the report submitted by the
three-member team to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram should
be implemented in totality as the recommendations are "an
interlocking set of measures".
"We would like it to be implemented in total," she told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Kumar, a noted academician, said the team will not be
"happy" if one measure is implemented and another is not.
She also wanted that the report should be put in public
"We would like this report to come in the public domain as
quickly as possible ... all the recommendations of this report
have to be seen together in relation to each other, they are
one interlocking set of measures," she said.
The three interlocutors - Dilip Padgaonkar, MM Ansari
and Kumar - had submitted their report to the Union Home
Minister earlier this month after touring all the 22 districts
of the state and interacting with people from almost all walks
of life, except the separatist leadership.
The report covers different aspects of the Kashmir problem
and its "core" is political recommendations for resolving the
issue, Kumar said.
"To separate any one measure from another measure gives a
very misleading and false impression of what the overall
report is," she said.
Kumar said the team has recommended a "series of changes
and measures" to address the grievances that were voiced
before the members.
Laying out the broad contours of the report, Kumar said
they have addressed the issue of Centre-state relations,
region-state relations, district-region and Panchayat
"We have looked at the issue of security and the reforms
that are necessary there. We have looked at the reforms that
are necessary for good human rights legislation," she said.
Kumar said they have also looked at the economic question.
"This is one of the states where liberalisation has not taken
place, everything is under state control and that is a big
burden on the economy and for people," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months