‘Implement Rangarajan group`s recommendations’
Ramban: Opposition PDP on Monday demanded
implementation of various recommendations made by the Central
government-appointed Rangarajan Committee to improve economic
viability of Jammu and Kashmir.
"To make Jammu and Kashmir an economically viable state,
it is necessary to implement the recommendations made by C
Rangarajan," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed told a public
In 2005, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had constituted a
working group under former RBI Governor C Rangarajan to
suggest measures to improve the economy of the state and
generate employment for youth.
The Mufti also demanded that two NHPC projects --
Dulhasti and Salal -- be handed over to Jammu and Kashmir as
recommended by the committee.
"It is sad that despite having huge water resources Jammu
and Kashmir has to depend on the Central government for water
and economic development. The two projects, currently operated
by NHPC, must be handed over to the state," said Sayeed.
Accusing the ruling National Conference of bartering away
state`s natural resources by signing unfair agreements, the
former CM alleged the state government was moved
by the lust for power than making the state economically
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?