‘Incidents of grenade, rocket attacks dip in J&K’
Jammu: Incidents of rocket and grenade
attacks in Jammu and Kashmir have dipped by around 50 per cent
this year as compared to the same period in 2010, a senior
police official has said.
There is around 50 per cent decrease in the grenade
attacks, explosions and rocket attacks this year up to
November 15 as compared to the corresponding figure last
year, the official said.
According to data compiled by the state Home Ministry, as
compared to 77 grenade blasts, explosions and rocket attacks
in 2010, there were only 39 such incidents in 2011 up to
November 15, he said.
While incidents involving hurling of grenades have fell
from 31 in 2010 to 21 in 2011, IED explosions have shown a dip
from 25 to 15 and rocket attacks fell down to three from 21.
In 2009, there were 56 grenade incidents and 25 IED
explosions besides 29 rocket attacks, shows the data, he said.
There were 11,961 grenade attacks and explosions in the
past 20-year period, 6,242 hurling of grenade incidents and
5,719 IED explosions reported since January 1990, the official
Highest number of 821 grenade attacks were reported in the
year 1994 and the highest number of 1,280 explosions took
place in 1990, according to the data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog