‘Incidents of grenade, rocket attacks dip in J&K’
Jammu: Incidents of rocket and grenade
attacks in Jammu and Kashmir have dipped by around 50 per cent
this year as compared to the same period in 2010, a senior
police official has said.
There is around 50 per cent decrease in the grenade
attacks, explosions and rocket attacks this year up to
November 15 as compared to the corresponding figure last
year, the official said.
According to data compiled by the state Home Ministry, as
compared to 77 grenade blasts, explosions and rocket attacks
in 2010, there were only 39 such incidents in 2011 up to
November 15, he said.
While incidents involving hurling of grenades have fell
from 31 in 2010 to 21 in 2011, IED explosions have shown a dip
from 25 to 15 and rocket attacks fell down to three from 21.
In 2009, there were 56 grenade incidents and 25 IED
explosions besides 29 rocket attacks, shows the data, he said.
There were 11,961 grenade attacks and explosions in the
past 20-year period, 6,242 hurling of grenade incidents and
5,719 IED explosions reported since January 1990, the official
Highest number of 821 grenade attacks were reported in the
year 1994 and the highest number of 1,280 explosions took
place in 1990, according to the data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy