Inclusion of Gujjar history in curricula sought in J&K
Jammu: A group of intellectuals in Jammu and Kashmir has sought inclusion of Gujjar history in the curricula of schools and colleges.
Tribal Research and Cultural Foundation (TRCF), an organisation representing Gujjars, said it has forwarded its request to the Union HRD Ministry.
TRCF secretary Javed Rahi said the federation has requested for inclusion of all rudiment factors of Gujjar Pritiharas who ruled in some parts of North India from the 6th to 11th century AD.
"Some important parts of history of Gujjar era are missing in history books prepared by UGC, NCERT ,CBSE and other boards. We have written to Union HRD Ministry for immediate intervention in the issue," Rahi said.
Rahi said TRCF has requested the Union government to direct the publishers to include the significant facts related to the history of Gujjars.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists