Inclusion of Gujjar history in curricula sought in J&K
Jammu: A group of intellectuals in Jammu and Kashmir has sought inclusion of Gujjar history in the curricula of schools and colleges.
Tribal Research and Cultural Foundation (TRCF), an organisation representing Gujjars, said it has forwarded its request to the Union HRD Ministry.
TRCF secretary Javed Rahi said the federation has requested for inclusion of all rudiment factors of Gujjar Pritiharas who ruled in some parts of North India from the 6th to 11th century AD.
"Some important parts of history of Gujjar era are missing in history books prepared by UGC, NCERT ,CBSE and other boards. We have written to Union HRD Ministry for immediate intervention in the issue," Rahi said.
Rahi said TRCF has requested the Union government to direct the publishers to include the significant facts related to the history of Gujjars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state