Inclusion of Gujjar history in curricula sought in J&K
Jammu: A group of intellectuals in Jammu and Kashmir has sought inclusion of Gujjar history in the curricula of schools and colleges.
Tribal Research and Cultural Foundation (TRCF), an organisation representing Gujjars, said it has forwarded its request to the Union HRD Ministry.
TRCF secretary Javed Rahi said the federation has requested for inclusion of all rudiment factors of Gujjar Pritiharas who ruled in some parts of North India from the 6th to 11th century AD.
"Some important parts of history of Gujjar era are missing in history books prepared by UGC, NCERT ,CBSE and other boards. We have written to Union HRD Ministry for immediate intervention in the issue," Rahi said.
Rahi said TRCF has requested the Union government to direct the publishers to include the significant facts related to the history of Gujjars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday