India dismisses Pak allegations of transgressions in Uri sector
New Delhi: India on Thursday dismissed Pakistan`s
allegations that its Army transgressed the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri sector.
In fact, Pakistan had carried out a ceasefire violation on the night of January 5-6 and "controlled retaliation" was carried out by the Indian Army on January 6, an Army press release said on Wednesday.
"No LoC transgression has been resorted to by the Indian army in Uri Sector on January 6 as alleged," it said.
Pakistan has been alleging that one of its soldiers was killed by Indian troops along the LoC in Uri sector on Sunday.
On January 8, two Indian soldiers were killed on Line of Control (LoC) by Pakistani troops with the body of one being badly mutilated.
Pakistan has claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security