India dismisses Pak allegations of transgressions in Uri sector
New Delhi: India on Thursday dismissed Pakistan`s
allegations that its Army transgressed the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri sector.
In fact, Pakistan had carried out a ceasefire violation on the night of January 5-6 and "controlled retaliation" was carried out by the Indian Army on January 6, an Army press release said on Wednesday.
"No LoC transgression has been resorted to by the Indian army in Uri Sector on January 6 as alleged," it said.
Pakistan has been alleging that one of its soldiers was killed by Indian troops along the LoC in Uri sector on Sunday.
On January 8, two Indian soldiers were killed on Line of Control (LoC) by Pakistani troops with the body of one being badly mutilated.
Pakistan has claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested