India dismisses Pak allegations of transgressions in Uri sector
New Delhi: India on Thursday dismissed Pakistan`s
allegations that its Army transgressed the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri sector.
In fact, Pakistan had carried out a ceasefire violation on the night of January 5-6 and "controlled retaliation" was carried out by the Indian Army on January 6, an Army press release said on Wednesday.
"No LoC transgression has been resorted to by the Indian army in Uri Sector on January 6 as alleged," it said.
Pakistan has been alleging that one of its soldiers was killed by Indian troops along the LoC in Uri sector on Sunday.
On January 8, two Indian soldiers were killed on Line of Control (LoC) by Pakistani troops with the body of one being badly mutilated.
Pakistan has claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story