India has told China of concern over Chinese troop in PoK
New Delhi: India has raised with China the issue of presence of Chinese security forces in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and has conveyed that Pakistan has been illegally occupying parts of Jammu and Kashmir since 1947, government told the Lok Sabha on Friday.
"Government is aware that China is executing infrastructure projects in PoK," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said in a written reply.
"Government has raised this issue with the Chinese side and has clearly conveyed India`s consistent position that Pakistan has been in illegal occupation of parts of Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir since 1947," Kaur said.
China regards Kashmir as a bilateral matter to be settled between India and Pakistan, she said, adding "government has conveyed its concerns to China and about their activities in PoK and has asked them to cease such activities."
Replying to a separate question on violation of Line of Actual Control (LAC) by Chinese troops in Arunachal Pradesh, she said "China disputes the international boundary between India and China. There is no commonly delineated LAC in the border areas between India and China."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH