India has told China of concern over Chinese troop in PoK
New Delhi: India has raised with China the issue of presence of Chinese security forces in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and has conveyed that Pakistan has been illegally occupying parts of Jammu and Kashmir since 1947, government told the Lok Sabha on Friday.
"Government is aware that China is executing infrastructure projects in PoK," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said in a written reply.
"Government has raised this issue with the Chinese side and has clearly conveyed India`s consistent position that Pakistan has been in illegal occupation of parts of Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir since 1947," Kaur said.
China regards Kashmir as a bilateral matter to be settled between India and Pakistan, she said, adding "government has conveyed its concerns to China and about their activities in PoK and has asked them to cease such activities."
Replying to a separate question on violation of Line of Actual Control (LAC) by Chinese troops in Arunachal Pradesh, she said "China disputes the international boundary between India and China. There is no commonly delineated LAC in the border areas between India and China."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption