India is an enemy of J&K, says Omar Abdullah’s uncle Mustafa Kamal
Srinagar: Mustafa Kamal, the additional general secretary of Jammu and Kashmir’s ruling party National Conference, stoked a major controversy on Sunday when he said that the Government of India was the real enemy of the state.
Speaking at a meeting in Kishtwar, he also accused troops of disturbing peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
After these statements kicked up a row, J&K Chief Minister and Kamal’s nephew, Omar Abdullah, appeared to be distancing himself from the comments made by his senior party leader.
Omar first tweeted, “Funny thing is I don`t need anyone to make things difficult for me when I have relatives to do it for me.”
He then followed it up with another tweet that read, “They say never work with animals & children. I think it`s safe to add relatives to that list as well.”
Reacting to Kamal’s controversial statement playing in the media, senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi called it a ‘separatist view of the NC leader’ and that the government should look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion