India is an enemy of J&K, says Omar Abdullah’s uncle Mustafa Kamal
Srinagar: Mustafa Kamal, the additional general secretary of Jammu and Kashmir’s ruling party National Conference, stoked a major controversy on Sunday when he said that the Government of India was the real enemy of the state.
Speaking at a meeting in Kishtwar, he also accused troops of disturbing peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
After these statements kicked up a row, J&K Chief Minister and Kamal’s nephew, Omar Abdullah, appeared to be distancing himself from the comments made by his senior party leader.
Omar first tweeted, “Funny thing is I don`t need anyone to make things difficult for me when I have relatives to do it for me.”
He then followed it up with another tweet that read, “They say never work with animals & children. I think it`s safe to add relatives to that list as well.”
Reacting to Kamal’s controversial statement playing in the media, senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi called it a ‘separatist view of the NC leader’ and that the government should look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video