India lodges protest with Pak over ceasefire violations
Jammu: India has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over repeated ceasefire violations along the border at a Brigade Commander-level flag meeting between the armies of the two countries.
"India and Pakistan armies held a Brigade Commander-level flag meeting along the Line of Control (LoC) at Chakan-Da-Bagh forward Post in Poonch district to discuss ceasefire violations by Pakistan Army on LoC yesterday", a senior Army officer said here today.
During the three-hour long meeting, the Indian side asked Pakistan to put an end to ceasefire violations along the border and maintain truce, the officer said.
While the Indian side was led by 10 Brigade Commander Brigadier Sanjay Thakran, the Pakistani side was led by Brigadier Atiq Dar.
During the meeting, both sides traded charges over the firing incidents, the officer said.
This is the first flag meeting held at the level of brigade commanders after heavy firing and shelling by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Samba districts along the International Border and Rajouri and Poonch districts along the LoC in Jammu region.
This the fourth flag meeting after Pakistan stepped up ceasefire violations along the border.Three flag meeting were held along IB between BSF and Pak Rangers.
India had lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers at DGMO level hotline contact on August 26, when it was decided to hold a commandant and sector commander level flag meetings at the ground to defuse the tension.
On August 29, India and Pakistan held a sector commander (DIG-Brigadier) level flag meeting along IB in R S Pura belt of Jammu district. India had lodged a strong protest with Pak over ceasefire violations.
BSF troops and Pak Rangers held a Battalion Commandant level flag-meeting with Rangers along IB at Ballard BoP on August 28.
On August 27, India and Pakistan held a commandant level flag meeting at Nikowal Border Out Post (BoP) along IB in Pargwal sub-sector of Akhnoor sector in Jammu district.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC this year. Pakistan has also breached the ceasefire pact 36 times on the IB this year.
Last year, there were over 340 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the IB and LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan