India lodges protest with Pak over tunnel issue in J&K
Jammu: India on Tuesday lodged a "strong protest" with Pakistan over detection of cross-border tunnel along the international border in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A strong protest was lodged late this afternoon by BSF with its counterpart Pakistan Rangers over detection of a tunnel in the Indian territory from Pakistan along the International Border (IB) in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a senior BSF official told PTI.
A strong protest note with evidence was also handed over to Pakistani authorities at a flag meeting at Octroi Border Out Post (BoP) along IB in R S Pura sector of Jammu district, he said.
BSF authorities have passed on to them pictorial evidence of the tunnel which is coming in straight alignment from Pakistan to Chichwal border village via Chilyari post from Lumbriyal post in Shakergarh sector of Pakistan.
Senior BSF officials and Pakistan Rangers held a flag meeting at the Octroi BoP around 1500 hours.
Authorities had on July 28 detected a 400-mt-long tunnel into India from Pakistan along Indo-Pak Border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The tunnel was detected after an area caved-in in a straight line at some places due to rains near fencing close to Chillayari BoP of BSF along the IB. The tunnel had been dug between two sides along IB on India`s Chillayari BoP and Pakistan`s Lumberiyal BoP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'