India-Pak border trade suspended in Kashmir
Chakan Da Bagh: Kashmir traders are disappointed at the move of the Pakistani authorities to ban the export of moong dal, a popular pulse and other commodities such as ginger to India.
The disenchanted traders staged a protest at Chakan Da Bagh along the Line of Control (LoC) on Wednesday (December 30).
The Chakan Da Bagh, located in Poonch region of Jammu, is a central place for trade.
The protest has resulted in the suspension of trade with the merchants contending that Pakistan authorities must lift the ban imposed on prime commodities for the commercial links to continue.
"The main items like Mung Dal (pulses), ginger and garlic which are in great demand, they have put a ban on these items. We are suffering a lot as we are incurring losses. We want to appeal to our government to resolve the issue and bring out a fresh list of items as if such items will not be there in the list then the trade is of no use to us," said Mohammad Ameen Magray, a trader.
The traders have demanded that the Pakistani authorities must clarify their stand on this issue.
"Look there is no issue; it is just that these are traders and they of course will seek benefits in the trade. The main item was Mung Dal (pulses) which has been banned so they are after the issue to lift the ban on such items of importance and benefits," said MP Meena Singh, Trade Facilitating Officer, Chakan Da Bagh, Poonch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!