`India, Pak should solve Kashmir issue as per wishes of J&K people`
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Friday said tension will prevail along the Line of Control and the border between India and Pakistan unless the two countries resolve the Kashmir issue as per aspirations of people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"India and Pakistan should solve the Kashmir issue according to the wishes and aspirations of people. Until the Kashmir dispute is solved between the two nuclear armed nations, there will be no de-escalation of tension on borders and the region will continue to be mired in conflict," Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said.
He was addressing the Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid here.
The Mirwaiz expressed concern over, what he termed as, the worsening human rights situation in Kashmir.
He appealed to international rights organisations to take notice of the violations being committed by the "forces in Kashmir".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony