`India, Pak should solve Kashmir issue as per wishes of J&K people`
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Friday said tension will prevail along the Line of Control and the border between India and Pakistan unless the two countries resolve the Kashmir issue as per aspirations of people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"India and Pakistan should solve the Kashmir issue according to the wishes and aspirations of people. Until the Kashmir dispute is solved between the two nuclear armed nations, there will be no de-escalation of tension on borders and the region will continue to be mired in conflict," Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said.
He was addressing the Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid here.
The Mirwaiz expressed concern over, what he termed as, the worsening human rights situation in Kashmir.
He appealed to international rights organisations to take notice of the violations being committed by the "forces in Kashmir".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'