India, Pak troops exchange fire, infiltration bid foiled
Jammu: BSF troops on Saturday foiled a major infiltration bid after a fierce gunbattle with militants along the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir,
BSF officials said.
The jawan of 59 battalion of BSF picked up movement of a large group of armed militants near Ballard forward post in Ramgarh sub-sector, about 50 kms from here, in the wee hours this morning.
The militants opened fire on the post following which BSF jawans and patrolling parties retaliated.
BSF jawans fired para-bombs to light up the area and opened small arms firing. They also fired 2-3 mortars, officials said, adding the exchange of fire continued intermittently till 04:00 hours.
Later, militants managed to escape towards the Pakistani side, they said, adding the ultras were given cover firing by security forces on the other side.
There was no casualty on the Indian side. A search operation has been launched in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living