`Indian army giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations`
Nagrota: Indian troops on the LoC are giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations from across the border and will continue to do so in the future, a senior Army officer said on Saturday.
"I can say with a lot of confidence that our troops on the Line of Control (LoC) are giving a befitting reply and will continue to do so. Any nefarious designs of the enemy will be defeated," General Officer Commanding (GoC), 16 Corps, Lt Gen K H Singh told reporters here today.
Lt Gen Singh said, "I would like to assure you that this time there is a general increase in ceasefire violations because of the undergrowth, situation in Pakistan and upcoming elections (in Jammu and Kashmir)."
"But it is quite normal. If you see the number of ceasefire violations, it is quite marginal as compared to last year. Let me assure you, the counter-infiltration bid is firmly in place," he said.
There have been eight ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops and four infiltration bids from across Pakistan by militants during July this year.
The White Knight Corps of the Army celebrated the 15th anniversary of India`s triumph in Kargil war today by paying homage to the officers, JCOs and jawans who laid down their lives during the war.
Lt Gen Singh laid a wreath at a memorial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi