Indo-Pak dialogue must focus on Kashmir: Mufti
Itanagar: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi has assured Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki that the Centre would soon send a team to take stock of the damage caused by floods in the state.
Gandhi, during a meeting with the chief minister yesterday, said the Centre was aware of the worsening flood situation in Arunachal and assured all possible help to repair damage caused by sudden floods, official sources said here on Sunday.
Tuki along with state`s AICC incharge, Dhaniram Shandil, called on Gandhi with a plea for immediate assessment of devastation caused by the flood and central aid to overcome the crisis.
Tuki also apprised the UPA chairperson of the initiatives taken by the state`s Congress government to uplift the living standard of the common masses through transparent implementation of all central and state government programmes and reiterated his commitment to a "People`s government" in the state.
Gandhi promised to visit the state in the latter part of October with AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi in response to a plea by the CM, sources said.
Later, Tuki called on Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid and urged him to consider establishment of an independent High Court for Arunachal Pradesh.
Tuki, who was accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Takam Sanjoy, briefed Khurshid on the number of cases of the state pending with the judiciary and the impact of the delay on the people as well as the state government, sources said.
"Judiciary will become efficient and deliver speedy justice to the people by setting up an independent High Court," the sources said quoting Tuki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India