Indo-Pak dialogue must focus on Kashmir: Mufti
Itanagar: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi has assured Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki that the Centre would soon send a team to take stock of the damage caused by floods in the state.
Gandhi, during a meeting with the chief minister yesterday, said the Centre was aware of the worsening flood situation in Arunachal and assured all possible help to repair damage caused by sudden floods, official sources said here on Sunday.
Tuki along with state`s AICC incharge, Dhaniram Shandil, called on Gandhi with a plea for immediate assessment of devastation caused by the flood and central aid to overcome the crisis.
Tuki also apprised the UPA chairperson of the initiatives taken by the state`s Congress government to uplift the living standard of the common masses through transparent implementation of all central and state government programmes and reiterated his commitment to a "People`s government" in the state.
Gandhi promised to visit the state in the latter part of October with AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi in response to a plea by the CM, sources said.
Later, Tuki called on Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid and urged him to consider establishment of an independent High Court for Arunachal Pradesh.
Tuki, who was accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Takam Sanjoy, briefed Khurshid on the number of cases of the state pending with the judiciary and the impact of the delay on the people as well as the state government, sources said.
"Judiciary will become efficient and deliver speedy justice to the people by setting up an independent High Court," the sources said quoting Tuki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read