‘Infiltration attempts across LoC at 20-year low’
Bandipora (Kashmir): Denying reports of
infiltration across the Line of Control (LoC), the Army on Tuesday
claimed the bids were at a 20-year low as no militant has been
able to sneak into the Kashmir Valley so far this year.
"I think I can count them as infiltration attempts,
(there were) perhaps two (attempts)," General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Syed Atta Hasnain told
reporters here, 80 km from Srinagar.
He said both the bids were unsuccessful and added that
for the first time infiltration has come down to zero in last
Last year, more than 100 bids were reported along the
LoC in which around 100 ultras were killed.
He said recent reports of infiltration were not
The commander was here for an `Awami Mulakat` (Public
Meet) with the newly elected local body representatives of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH