Infiltration attempts increasing in J&K: Army
Jammu: Asserting that troops are vigilant to
deal infiltration along the Indo-Pak border, Army on Monday said
that infiltration attempts have increased in the past few
"For the past month or month-and-half, infiltration
attempts have been increasing. But we are alert and vigilant,"
General Officer Commanding (GOC), 16 Corps, Lt Gen J P Nehra
told reporters here today.
"Our LoC and border management is strong. Jawans and
leaders are all motivated and ready to face any situation...
Infiltration attempts have been on increase and we have been
able to thwart them successfully," he said at a national
seminar on `Mapping Contemporary Pakistan`.
He said violation of ceasefire by Pakistan showed
desperation since militant attempts to infiltrate have been
foiled several times.
"It is a sense of desperation as they have not been
successful. So far, it is out of desperation only or perhaps
it is some other strategy which we are not aware of," he said.
Regarding number of terror camps, militants in Pakistan
and PoK, he said that inputs keep varying and there are 42
terror camps opposite and across (south and north Kashmir).
"They (terror camps) vary from 250-500 opposite to the
operational area of White Night Corps," he said.
Expressing concern over militants threatening locals of
Rajouri district to leave the area, he said people are also
"Our administration, police and army have very good
coordination. We will not allow their design to succeed.
People are now opposing them and this is a good sign. They
need peace and development which militants cannot give them,"
The senior army officer ruled out any attack by Pakistan
troops on Indian forward post to capture it along LoC in
Pallanwala and said "there was only an incident of firing not
any attack. It is a rumour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH