Infiltration attempts increasing in J&K: Army
Jammu: Asserting that troops are vigilant to
deal infiltration along the Indo-Pak border, Army on Monday said
that infiltration attempts have increased in the past few
"For the past month or month-and-half, infiltration
attempts have been increasing. But we are alert and vigilant,"
General Officer Commanding (GOC), 16 Corps, Lt Gen J P Nehra
told reporters here today.
"Our LoC and border management is strong. Jawans and
leaders are all motivated and ready to face any situation...
Infiltration attempts have been on increase and we have been
able to thwart them successfully," he said at a national
seminar on `Mapping Contemporary Pakistan`.
He said violation of ceasefire by Pakistan showed
desperation since militant attempts to infiltrate have been
foiled several times.
"It is a sense of desperation as they have not been
successful. So far, it is out of desperation only or perhaps
it is some other strategy which we are not aware of," he said.
Regarding number of terror camps, militants in Pakistan
and PoK, he said that inputs keep varying and there are 42
terror camps opposite and across (south and north Kashmir).
"They (terror camps) vary from 250-500 opposite to the
operational area of White Night Corps," he said.
Expressing concern over militants threatening locals of
Rajouri district to leave the area, he said people are also
"Our administration, police and army have very good
coordination. We will not allow their design to succeed.
People are now opposing them and this is a good sign. They
need peace and development which militants cannot give them,"
The senior army officer ruled out any attack by Pakistan
troops on Indian forward post to capture it along LoC in
Pallanwala and said "there was only an incident of firing not
any attack. It is a rumour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!