Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: Army troops Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of 2 to 3 armed persons were seen moving towards the Indian side of LoC in Keri forward area of Rajouri district around 1100 hours, PRO Defence S N Acharya said.
As they were moving ahead, the Indian troops guarding the border line challenged them and fired at them, he said, adding that they also fired back resulting in exchanges.
The infiltration bid was, however, foiled, he said.
Search operation was soon launched in the area.
The infiltration bid was foiled in Jammu and Kashmir at a time when Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi are on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city