Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: Army troops Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of 2 to 3 armed persons were seen moving towards the Indian side of LoC in Keri forward area of Rajouri district around 1100 hours, PRO Defence S N Acharya said.
As they were moving ahead, the Indian troops guarding the border line challenged them and fired at them, he said, adding that they also fired back resulting in exchanges.
The infiltration bid was, however, foiled, he said.
Search operation was soon launched in the area.
The infiltration bid was foiled in Jammu and Kashmir at a time when Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi are on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala