Infiltration bid foiled in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: Security forces foiled an infiltration bid from across the international border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Police sources told IANS in Jammu Tuesday, "Border Security Force (BSF) troopers detected suspicious movement in Hira Nagar sector of the international border in Kathua district around midnight Monday."
"Heavy exchange of fire from both sides took place, but the alert BSF personnel foiled the attempts of the militants to infiltrate into our side."
The army guards the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir while the BSF troopers man the international border in the three districts of Jammu, Samba and Kathua of Jammu region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II