Infiltration bid foiled in J&K’s Gurez, militant killed
Srinagar: The Indian Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Gurez sector of Jammu and Kashmir, killing a militant in the operation.
A group of three to four heavily armed militants tried to sneak into Gurez sector near Nani Post in the wee hours today, official sources said.
The sources said the infiltrators were challenged by the army and asked to surrender. However, the militants opened fire towards the army positions, which was retaliated.
In the ensuing gunbattle, an unidentified militant was killed while his accomplice fled back across the LoC, they said.
Search operations in the area are still in progress, the sources said.
This is the second infiltration bid by militants this month. Five militants were killed when Army foiled an infiltration bid in Keran sector on July 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'