Infiltration bid foiled in J&K’s Gurez, militant killed
Srinagar: The Indian Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Gurez sector of Jammu and Kashmir, killing a militant in the operation.
A group of three to four heavily armed militants tried to sneak into Gurez sector near Nani Post in the wee hours today, official sources said.
The sources said the infiltrators were challenged by the army and asked to surrender. However, the militants opened fire towards the army positions, which was retaliated.
In the ensuing gunbattle, an unidentified militant was killed while his accomplice fled back across the LoC, they said.
Search operations in the area are still in progress, the sources said.
This is the second infiltration bid by militants this month. Five militants were killed when Army foiled an infiltration bid in Keran sector on July 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion