Infiltration bid foiled in Poonch, two killed
Jammu: Two heavily-armed Pakistani militants were killed when Army troops on Thursday foiled an infiltration bid along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of four to five armed militants tried to sneak into the Indian side of the border along LoC in Krishnagati forward area of Poonch district in the pre-dawn hours, but their movement was picked by the surveillance devices of troops guarding the border, an Army officer said.
The troops fired at the militants, who retaliated, he said.
After a brief exchange of fire, the militants tried to escape, he said adding two of them were killed and bodies lay close to the border line.
Search operations have been launched in the area and a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered, he said, adding both militants who have been killed were believed to be Pakistanis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY