Infiltration bid foiled in Poonch, two killed
Jammu: Two heavily-armed Pakistani militants were killed when Army troops on Thursday foiled an infiltration bid along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of four to five armed militants tried to sneak into the Indian side of the border along LoC in Krishnagati forward area of Poonch district in the pre-dawn hours, but their movement was picked by the surveillance devices of troops guarding the border, an Army officer said.
The troops fired at the militants, who retaliated, he said.
After a brief exchange of fire, the militants tried to escape, he said adding two of them were killed and bodies lay close to the border line.
Search operations have been launched in the area and a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered, he said, adding both militants who have been killed were believed to be Pakistanis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened