Infiltration bid foiled, two militants killed in Kupwara
Srinagar: An infiltration bid was foiled and two militants were killed by the Army near the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
Army troops noticed some suspicious movement along the LoC and laid an ambush in Tangdhar, 175 kms from here, a defence spokesman said.
He said as soon as the troops intercepted the heavily-armed militants, they fired on the Army personnel.
The gunfire was retaliated, triggering an encounter between the two sides, the spokesman said.
"Two unidentified militants have been killed so far," he said adding, the operation was in progress when reports last came in.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket