Infiltration bid foiled, two militants killed in Kupwara
Srinagar: An infiltration bid was foiled and two militants were killed by the Army near the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
Army troops noticed some suspicious movement along the LoC and laid an ambush in Tangdhar, 175 kms from here, a defence spokesman said.
He said as soon as the troops intercepted the heavily-armed militants, they fired on the Army personnel.
The gunfire was retaliated, triggering an encounter between the two sides, the spokesman said.
"Two unidentified militants have been killed so far," he said adding, the operation was in progress when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore