Infiltration bid foiled, two militants killed in Kupwara
Srinagar: An infiltration bid was foiled and two militants were killed by the Army near the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
Army troops noticed some suspicious movement along the LoC and laid an ambush in Tangdhar, 175 kms from here, a defence spokesman said.
He said as soon as the troops intercepted the heavily-armed militants, they fired on the Army personnel.
The gunfire was retaliated, triggering an encounter between the two sides, the spokesman said.
"Two unidentified militants have been killed so far," he said adding, the operation was in progress when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list