Initiate steps to resolve Kashmir issue at earliest: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq on Friday said "without wasting any more time" the
Centre should initiate steps for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"Government of India should resolve the Kashmir issue
without wasting any more time," he said, during his first
Friday sermon in 14 weeks, at Jamia Masjid here.
Mirwaiz also appealed to the government to release the
political activists and students, who have been arrested
during the summer unrest.
The moderate Hurriyat leader had last offered
congregational prayers on Eid-ul-Fitr on September 11, when
protesters allegedly set government buildings on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video