Initiate steps to resolve Kashmir issue at earliest: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq on Friday said "without wasting any more time" the
Centre should initiate steps for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"Government of India should resolve the Kashmir issue
without wasting any more time," he said, during his first
Friday sermon in 14 weeks, at Jamia Masjid here.
Mirwaiz also appealed to the government to release the
political activists and students, who have been arrested
during the summer unrest.
The moderate Hurriyat leader had last offered
congregational prayers on Eid-ul-Fitr on September 11, when
protesters allegedly set government buildings on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH