Initiate steps to resolve Kashmir issue at earliest: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq on Friday said "without wasting any more time" the
Centre should initiate steps for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"Government of India should resolve the Kashmir issue
without wasting any more time," he said, during his first
Friday sermon in 14 weeks, at Jamia Masjid here.
Mirwaiz also appealed to the government to release the
political activists and students, who have been arrested
during the summer unrest.
The moderate Hurriyat leader had last offered
congregational prayers on Eid-ul-Fitr on September 11, when
protesters allegedly set government buildings on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police