Initiate steps to resolve Kashmir issue at earliest: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq on Friday said "without wasting any more time" the
Centre should initiate steps for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"Government of India should resolve the Kashmir issue
without wasting any more time," he said, during his first
Friday sermon in 14 weeks, at Jamia Masjid here.
Mirwaiz also appealed to the government to release the
political activists and students, who have been arrested
during the summer unrest.
The moderate Hurriyat leader had last offered
congregational prayers on Eid-ul-Fitr on September 11, when
protesters allegedly set government buildings on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu