Initiate steps to resolve Kashmir issue at earliest: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq on Friday said "without wasting any more time" the
Centre should initiate steps for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"Government of India should resolve the Kashmir issue
without wasting any more time," he said, during his first
Friday sermon in 14 weeks, at Jamia Masjid here.
Mirwaiz also appealed to the government to release the
political activists and students, who have been arrested
during the summer unrest.
The moderate Hurriyat leader had last offered
congregational prayers on Eid-ul-Fitr on September 11, when
protesters allegedly set government buildings on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere