Injured Kashmir youth dies after 13 months
Srinagar: A teenager, who had been in a coma since being hit by a bullet in a clash between a mob and security forces last September, died at his home in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pampore town on Wednesday, his relatives said.
Muzafar Ahmad, 18, was going for tuitions when he was hit by the bullet on September 18, 2010, and died after 13 months, his relatives said.
"He had suffered a serious spinal cord injury when he was hit by a bullet in Pampore on September 18. He had since then been in a coma at the Soura Medical Institute in Srinagar. We brought him home a few days back and today morning he passed away," a family member said.
Ahmed was felled on the day protests broke out in Pampore against the alleged desecration of the Holy Quran by a US pastor.
More than 100 people were killed in the unprecedented violence and bloody clashes between security forces and protesters in the Valley last year. With Ahmed`s death, the death toll in last year`s unrest has risen to 113.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016