Inquiry into youths` death an eyewash: Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday said inquiry into the death of two youths in Bandipora was an eyewash and no uniformed personnel would be punished for the act.
The youth were allegedly killed in Army firing yesterday in Sumbal area of north Kashmir`s Bandipora district.
"Inquiry ordered into the killings is laughable and it is only an announcement to cool the fraying tempers," Geelani, chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference, said in a statement here.
"There will be no inquiry and no uniformed personnel will be punished," he added.
Geelani called for a march on Wednesday to Markundal and Kondabal, ancestral villages of the two dead youths, and for peaceful protests after Friday`s congregational prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari