Inquiry into youths` death an eyewash: Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday said inquiry into the death of two youths in Bandipora was an eyewash and no uniformed personnel would be punished for the act.
The youth were allegedly killed in Army firing yesterday in Sumbal area of north Kashmir`s Bandipora district.
"Inquiry ordered into the killings is laughable and it is only an announcement to cool the fraying tempers," Geelani, chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference, said in a statement here.
"There will be no inquiry and no uniformed personnel will be punished," he added.
Geelani called for a march on Wednesday to Markundal and Kondabal, ancestral villages of the two dead youths, and for peaceful protests after Friday`s congregational prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Shoaib Akhtar gets Birthday bash on TV show "Mazaak Mazaak Mein"
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''