Inquiry into youths` death an eyewash: Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday said inquiry into the death of two youths in Bandipora was an eyewash and no uniformed personnel would be punished for the act.
The youth were allegedly killed in Army firing yesterday in Sumbal area of north Kashmir`s Bandipora district.
"Inquiry ordered into the killings is laughable and it is only an announcement to cool the fraying tempers," Geelani, chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference, said in a statement here.
"There will be no inquiry and no uniformed personnel will be punished," he added.
Geelani called for a march on Wednesday to Markundal and Kondabal, ancestral villages of the two dead youths, and for peaceful protests after Friday`s congregational prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...