Inquiry into youths` death an eyewash: Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday said inquiry into the death of two youths in Bandipora was an eyewash and no uniformed personnel would be punished for the act.
The youth were allegedly killed in Army firing yesterday in Sumbal area of north Kashmir`s Bandipora district.
"Inquiry ordered into the killings is laughable and it is only an announcement to cool the fraying tempers," Geelani, chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference, said in a statement here.
"There will be no inquiry and no uniformed personnel will be punished," he added.
Geelani called for a march on Wednesday to Markundal and Kondabal, ancestral villages of the two dead youths, and for peaceful protests after Friday`s congregational prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city